Subject: Re: Deployment questions

From: "Lydia Sobot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2025 01:18:05 +0200

> I decided to vendor sqlite so that scooper could consistently be
> statically linked. I think FreeBSD stopped building libsqlite3.a
> in their port and I cared about that at the time.
Makes perfect sense, however then maybe it should be bumped to the
latest release of SQLite?

>> 2) does slowcgi from OpenBSD base not work for some reason given the
>> specific chroot and socket setup required given that httpd runs under
>> www:www and litterbox usually runs under your own user?
>
> yeah, that's why it's more convenient to run it with kfcgi(8).
Fair, but considering that unless I missed something obvious, slowcgi(8)
also has the ability to switch to a different user and put the socket
and chroot at an arbitrary location, just like kfcgi(8), so are there
other subtleties that make it break with slowcgi(8)?

> yeah a lot of my projects could probably use new releases... I'll
> get around to them eventually maybe.
Great~