Possible problems with catgirl man page

From: Ross L Richardson
Whilst perusing the man page catgirl(1), I noticed a couple of issues:

- The last sentence for "-I pattern" appears to have been copied from
  "-i pattern", and "filtered" seems inappropriate in the former context.
  At the very least, it should probably be "highlighted" (but are those
  the only commands which can be matched?).
  I'm not offering a patch because I'm uncertain of the actual behaviour.

- There's no mention of using /join to join a channel with a channel
  password/key.  Is that possible from the command line and/or config file?

Thanks for your time (and for creating catgirl),
	Ross

Re: Possible problems with catgirl man page

From: June Bug
> On Jan 30, 2021, at 07:13, Ross L Richardson <ross@rlr.id.au> wrote:
>
> Whilst perusing the man page catgirl(1), I noticed a couple of issues:
>
> - The last sentence for "-I pattern" appears to have been copied from
>  "-i pattern", and "filtered" seems inappropriate in the former context.
>  At the very least, it should probably be "highlighted" (but are those
>  the only commands which can be matched?).
>  I'm not offering a patch because I'm uncertain of the actual behaviour.

Internally both of these things are filters. I don’t think it’s
unclear in context. Those are indeed the commands which the preceding
_command_ pattern field can match.

> - There's no mention of using /join to join a channel with a channel
>  password/key.  Is that possible from the command line and/or config file?

It’s possible, but channel keys are so uncommon that I’d rather not
add noise to the manual by mentioning them. It should work as
expected for those who know about them, but those who don’t needn’t
be bothered by it, in my opinion.