Reopening a /close'd chat window

From: Alexander Monakov
Hi,

Do I understand correctly that if I /close a channel window, there is no way
to respawn it, even though I have not parted that channel?

(attempting to /join that channel again does not work)

Did I discover an unintended trap for the unwary?

Cheers.
Alexander

Re: Reopening a /close'd chat window

From: june
> On May 24, 2022, at 12:03, Alexander Monakov <amonakov@ispras.ru> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Do I understand correctly that if I /close a channel window, there is no way
> to respawn it, even though I have not parted that channel?

If you're still in the channel, any message in that channel will
cause the window to reopen. You could also explicitly reopen it
with /query #channel, since all that command does is create a window.

> (attempting to /join that channel again does not work)
>
> Did I discover an unintended trap for the unwary?

Sort of. It's a side-effect of the UI code not having a concept of
channel state. On the other hand it can be used to do what /clear
would do, in a pinch.