Nicks are not always colored in /names

From: Hoël Bézier
Hi!

Nicks are not always colored when using /names on a channel, and this seems to
depend on the irc network to which I’m connected to.

For example, on geeknode, nicks are always colored when first joining a
channel, whereas on oftc I have to wait for someone to speak to get their nick
colored.

I’m using catgirl-1.9a.

Regards,
Hoël

Re: Nicks are not always colored in /names

From: june
> On Nov 20, 2021, at 20:38, Hoël Bézier <hoelbezier@riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> Nicks are not always colored when using /names on a channel, and this seems to depend on the irc network to which I’m connected to.

Yup, that's a limitation depending on support of userhost-in-names[1],
since catgirl uses the username portion to choose colours.

[1]: https://ircv3.net/specs/extensions/userhost-in-names