Subject: [BUG] Messages in which I am mentioned are not appearing

From: revsuine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2025 16:33:33 +0100

Hi there,

I've been using catgirl 2.2 and have noticed a bug where messages in which I am
mentioned (using the `username:` format) do not appear in catgirl. See the
example chat log, copied and pasted from catgirl:

```
<revsuine> Could perhaps the river-classic rename happen before 0.4.0 is
released, so that everyone using river just switches to classic, and then if
someone wants to switch to 0.4.0 they can manually install the `river`
           package again once it's out?
<revsuine> so there's no "conflicting" `river` package in the 0.4.0 release for
a while

<ifreund> I do realize that the least breaking way to do would be to just
release the widly breaking river 0.4.0 under a name that's not river
<ifreund> but I like the name river
catman arrives in #river
mekeor leaves: Ping timeout: 248 seconds
mekeor (Mekeor Melire) arrives in #river
<revsuine> Is it possible to get the tags of the focused view using the River
protocols? I'm reading through now and I can see view_tags in
zriver_output_status_v1 to get an array of view tags, and focused_view in
           zriver_seat_status_v1 to get the *title* of the focused view, but I
don't know how I'd translate that to the array index of the focused view from
view_tags?
catman leaves: Ping timeout: 258 seconds

<ifreund> which is why I've decided to take the current direction with the river
window management protocol
```

Here's a link to an archive of the chat logs for the channel for the day:
https://libera.catirclogs.org/river/2025-08-23

As you can see, there is a gap (not added by me—the newlines are there in
catgirl) for the following two messages:

```
13:06 <ifreund> revsuine: yes, exactly that is the plan
```

```
15:01 <ifreund> revsuine: don't think so, the 0.3.x protocols are really quite
limited unfortunately 
```

My config for libera chat is:

```
host = irc.eu.libera.chat
join = #river,#linux-hardening,#libreboot,#dwl
cert = cert.pem
sasl-plain = <redacted>
nick = revsuine
```

Using Artix Linux with catgirl installed from the AUR. Using the foot terminal
emulator.

The above is just one instance of the bug occurring, but I've noticed it
happening before. To my recollection, it happens 100% of the time I am
"mentioned".

-- 
All emails from me will be signed with the key 8FB4 18CD 9520 22E5 BBC4 3261
3F25 7B68 F5BC 9339. You can download the public key at
https://revsuine.xyz/keys/openpgp_8FB418CD952022E5BBC432613F257B68F5BC9339.asc,
or if your mail client supports autocrypt, you can retrieve my public key from
the autocrypt header of this email.

---

From: june <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2025 11:41:40 -0400

> On Aug 23, 2025, at 11:33, revsuine <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi there,
> 

this was fixed in 2.2a:
https://git.causal.agency/catgirl/commit/?id=492b7f7b9406b8e460c4a64aed45c70a8a8e152d

---

From: revsuine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2025 16:43:38 +0100

> https://git.causal.agency/catgirl/commit/?id=492b7f7b9406b8e460c4a64aed45c70a8a8e152d

Thanks for the prompt reply! I just realised that pacman thinks 2.2 is greater
than 2.2a and that's why it's out of date for me. I'll update manually.